wayfarer in the kitchen

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Menu

Whew, busy week! Sorry I'm late...it seems only 1 or 2 people are actually reading these anyway...

Monday:

Breakfast - Waffles
Lunch - Ravioli's and sauce
Dinner - Black pepper chicken and fried peas and corn. Salad on the side.

Tuesday:

Breakfast: Waffles - it's his favorite these days
Lunch: Orange, grapes, goldfish - yeah healthy one that day eh?
Dinner: Scary pasta (spinach pasta i forget the name of but it looked like eyeballs to me with pumpkin sauce and green bread (spinach and garlic). Fun scary looking meal.

Wednesday:

Breakfast: Boiled egg and cheese
Lunch: Chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries
Dinner: I skipped it, leftover biryani for husband, leftover chili (and candy) for LD

Thursday:

Breakfast: Sweet potato hash (onions, garlic, spices, sweet potatos, apples and sausage) and fried eggs. Healthy to make up for yesterday.
Lunch: leftover green pasta
Dinner: biryani and butter chicken

Friday:

Breakfast: pancakes
Lunch: turkey and cheese sushi rolls.
Dinner: Brussel sprout filled meatballs. My husband is excited about this one lol.

9 Comments:

Blogger Surviving said...

I am reading your blog. I'm still working on getting used to all the new changes at home since I went back to work. I'm not cooking much of anything that isn't extremely easy and I'm not trying anything new right now.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Organica said...

Wow! You cook a lot.

I am wondering about the sushi rolls?

3:08 PM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

I'm sure it's hard to adjust surviving. I can't imagine! Use that freezer!

Organic - i do but half of this menu is already in the freezer (butter chicken, biryani, ravioli, etc). I cook half the week. I'll post a "recipe" for the sushi rolls with a picture but basically you take a piece of cheese (the sliced kind) and roll lunchmeat inside it and whatever else the person likes. For LD it's tomatos/carrots stuff like that. I make it look like sushi (which he is somewhat familiar with). Fun food. :-)

3:30 PM  
Blogger The Muslim Wife's Kitchen said...

I'm a new SAHM and am trying to implement meal planning and your other strategies. Your food blog is a great inspiration, masha'Allah!


I'm interested in your brussel sprout stuffed meatballs and the green bread recipe, thanks!

7:27 PM  
Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

i love brussel sprouts and usually saute them(after blanching) with onions sliced mushrooms and parsley. i love them this way.

i am very interested in your meatball recipe as well.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading! But since I am going away I will have to catch up on the rest when I get back :)

12:01 AM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

Your sauteed brussel sprouts sound good! I've only done them the sweet and sour way. I'm trying to get more greens in my diet though. I'd like your recipe for them!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Cindi said...

Hey, I meant to keep up with your meals and budgeting but have a little pixie that keeps demanding my attention as well as her older sister so it's hard to get to all the blogs. Keep it up, love seeing how you plan and it's helping me with mine!!!

8:58 AM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

I can only imagine cindi...glad i can help a little.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker