wayfarer in the kitchen

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Menu

Monday

Breakfast: Waffles
Lunch: pot pie
Dinner: leftover lasagna

Tuesday

Breakfast: Muffins
Lunch: Chicken and Dumplings - LD's favorite and he's not feeling well today
Dinner: Chicken curry

Wednesday

Breakfast: eggs and toast
Lunch: kitchery (rice and lentils)
Dinner: chicken and dumplings

Thursday

Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: peanut butter and marshmellow sandwich (!)
Dinner: green thai curry

Friday

Breakfast: egg and cheese
Lunch: mac and cheese
Dinner: tomato ka salan

4 Comments:

Blogger The Muslim Wife's Kitchen said...

Does celery freeze well? When you defrost it, does it still have the crunch?

Also, any good desi slow-cooker recipes?

10:07 AM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

Celery freezes well for what i use it but i almost always use it for sauteing and it's perfect for that. I haven't used it fresh so don't know if it freezes well in those cases.

I don't have any desi slow cooker recipes but have some pressure cooker ones...

12:40 PM  
Blogger UmmAbdurRahman said...

wayfarer i absolutely love the mix of food you cook. It absolutely reminds me of my own kitchen. I love when convert women can convert their men to eating "american" food. I love the blend of cultures especially in cuisine. It's great that your husband is not only open to the food, but actually seems to enjoy it.

My husband raves about his moms cooking. He's in algeria for the first time in 12 years and is actually craving quite a few of my recipes. I've been asked to bring egg noodles and wocestershire sauce(not for the same dish) when I come visit.

I'm getting a new camera, inshaAllah, so I hope to be putting up some food pics on my blog as well.

take care of you and the little one

1:37 PM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

i look forward to seeing your recipes!

I'm glad my hubby likes american food too and that he likes the same things i do. mostly. i like ethnic food a lot but sometimes you want that comfort food you know.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker